RE: use for a Swarm CDROM

From: Randy Picker
Subject: RE: use for a Swarm CDROM
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 18:50:15 -0500

I'm not sure that the medium is that crucial, but a single package that put
together everything that one needs to run swarm in windows, with one click
installation, would be quite welcome. That could be posted on the swarm
website, I would think, without much loss in not going to cdrom. For those
of us who know nothing about unix but who would like to use swarm, it is a
substantial barrier to considering swarm to have to come up on your own with
the pieces of the puzzle (emacs etc). And recall that that is precisely
where many people will be: stuck in a unix morass, without a clue as to how
to move forward, all for a very uncertain payoff, perhaps agent-based
computer simulation in general and swarm's implementation in particular.

Randy

Prof. Randal C. Picker
Paul and Theo Leffmann Professor
   of Commercial Law