Running (compiling) swarm apps on HD from CD

From: Larry Whitman
Subject: Running (compiling) swarm apps on HD from CD
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 15:10:21 -0600

Greetings!

We are trying to convert and get things working in the new version of swarm.
Everything appears to work fine from the CD. However, we cannot get things
to compile on the hard drive.

We are taking heatbugs off the CD onto the hard drive into a directory
called, "swarmapps-1.3.1". All we want to do (for now as our first hurdle)
is to get heatbugs to compile like before. When we run a make in that
directory we get the errors:

//C/Swarm-1.3.1/packages/swarm/etc/swarm/Makefile.appl:2: /My: No such
directory or file found

//C/Swarm-1.3.1/packages/swarm/etc/swarm/Makefile.appl:2: Document/Supply:
No such directory or file found

//C/Swarm-1.3.1/packages/swarm/etc/swarm/Makefile.appl:2:
Chain/packages/swarm/etc/swarm/Makefile.common: No such file or directory

make: *** no rule to make target:
'Chain/packages/swarm/etc/swarm/Makefile.common'. Stop.

Again, our "goal" is to be able to make changes to the m and h files to
change the way the program works.

I believe that we are missing something real simple, but we can't seem to
see it.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks,

Larry Whitman        address@hidden
Automation & Robotics Research Institute
7300 Jack Newell Blvd. S.
Fort Worth, TX, 76118
817-272-5947  817-272-5952 (fax)
http://arri.uta.edu/enteng