Re: Errors from includes & casts

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Errors from includes & casts
Date: 10 Sep 1999 17:37:10 -0700

DS> First, a simple question.  Do I need to both remove the emptySpace
DS> from the emptySpacesList and drop it? (this object will never
DS> exist again)

Removing an object from a Collection removes the reference to the
object, but doesn't deallocate the object itself; you should drop it
if you never want it again and nothing else could possibly reference it.

DS> SchellingWorld.m:64: warning: return type for `getRandomIntMin:Max:'

What is the definition of this method? (I guess you have a good reason
for not using uniformIntRand, directly?)

DS> *** event raised for error: OffsetOutOfRange

Is the number you get from your random number method what you'd expect?
I doubt there is a casting or declaration problem at the bottom of this
since the default type would be `id' which is the same size, typically
as `int'.  Of course, you should get the declarations right, anyway.

DS> Neighborhood.h:12: parse error before `SchellingWorld'

You can probably make this go away by changing the type of this variable
to `id'; probably referencing a symbol that isn't defined yet.