Re: Need help installing swarm 2.0.1

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Need help installing swarm 2.0.1
Date: 24 Sep 1999 11:45:27 -0700

JA>    Isn't egcs-objc now _outdated_, given that egcs and gcc have
JA> merged?  Shouldn't installing gcc-objc-2.95.1 do the same thing?

The dependencies we're made for stock software on a Redhat 6 machine.
In 2.0, gcc 2.95.1 was needed for Redhat, period.  In 2.0.1 there's a
workaround for the older compiler, so 2.95 isn't needed.  (However, I
think that dependency hurts more than it helps -- I think its just
there to remind you to install Objective C.  Unfortunately, it ends up
telling you what particular Objective C to install, which shouldn't be
necessary.)

JA> 4. Since the swarmdemos seemed to install fine, I thought I would
JA> test one:

JA> address@hidden dl]$ heatbugs Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Those demos were made in a somewhat unusual way, and I wouldn't be
surprised if they are fragile.  If you want to use the Swarm 2.0.1
RPMS, I suggest you forget about the demos, back off 2.95 and put back
the compiler that came with your system.