Scheduling

From: Rob Leclerc
Subject: Scheduling
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 12:26:02 -0700

    I am currently implementing a version of StarLogo's Wolf-Sheep Predation model in Swarm's java version.  As it stands it *appears* that my implementation is quite a bit slower than that in StarLogo based similar grid sizes.    Part of my implementation is that I have each agent schedule their own activities as opposed to having the model itself activating those activities.  I am wondering how much of a performance hit I would get from this or if there might be some other intrinsic reasons why this would be slower.  As a side note, I have also tried to keep the time complexity low for each move operation but the agents are somewhat more complex and therefore I have to perform a couple of deep copies.

Thanks,
Rob Leclerc
email: address@hidden