Running swarm with JDK 1.2.2

From: Gustavo Nucci Franco
Subject: Running swarm with JDK 1.2.2
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 14:48:27 -0300

I have tried to run the jheatbugs example with the JDK 1.2.2. The
compilation was successful, but when i try to run it with "javaswarm
StartHeatbugs.class" or "java StartHeatbugs.class" the following exception
error occurs:

    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: StartHeatbugs/class

The same happens with my own application of a DAI problem. Analyzing both
source codes, I inferred that the error is related to the swarm space object
mapping in the following lines of HeatbugObserverSwarm.java:

    try {
        heatbugDisplay = new Object2dDisplayImpl
        (getZone (), worldRaster, heatbugModelSwarm.getWorld (),
         new Selector (Class.forName ("Heatbug"), "drawSelfOn", false));
    } catch (Exception e) {
        System.err.println ("Exception drawSelfOn: " + e.getMessage ());
    }

Why does it happen? As the problem is related to a java.lang class, is there
any incompatibility with JDK 1.2.2?