Re: problems running java files from IDE(Simplicity for Java).

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: problems running java files from IDE(Simplicity for Java).
Date: 31 Mar 2001 12:56:19 -0800

JM> if I try to run jheatbugs I get this:

JM> Starting StartHeatbugs...  Exception occurred while executing
JM> main(String[]): java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: createBegin at
JM> swarm.Globals.<clinit>(Globals.java:25) at
JM> StartHeatbugs.main(StartHeatbugs.java:15) at
JM> java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)

You need to javaswarm.dll in the PATH.  Typically you'll find it in
c:\Swarm-2.1.1\bin.   E.g. add

path=c:\Swarm-2.1.1\bin;%path% to your autoexec.bat in Win98 or to
your local environment in NT or W2k.

JM> I have added swarm.jar to my classpath in IDE, but what about
JM> kawa.jar; what is that? An the .scm files?

kawa.jar is a Scheme implementation that runs on the JVM.  It isn't required
unless you want to do generate classes on the fly from HDF5 files.  (An
obscure thing to do.)

You don't need any .scm files unless your application explicitly wants them.
(jheatbugs will try to load jheatbugs.scm from the current directory if run
in batch mode.)