Re: David Aliaga's question about java crashes in his program

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: David Aliaga's question about java crashes in his program
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 00:40:54 -0500

Hm.  I don't think I can help you without knowing more about the
precise error or what operating system you have and what kind of Swarm you have. If you can run the sdg provided examples like jheatbugs, then you should compare to see where your code differs from theirs.

I recall a
problem with the way some java swarm programs were designed and
I think I avoided that in the JelFarol code. (that is in ftp://ftp.swarm.org/apps/java/contrib). If you have ptplot
java installed, you run JelFarol. Even if you don't run it,
you can look at the main method to see some special magic that might correct the problem in your code.

David Aliaga wrote:
Hello

it is being a long time I havent write to this list
and use Swarm. May be that is whay I am a little out
of practice.

I wrote a very simple program, similar to the
simpleObserverBug in the tutorial. It has only ONE bug
though. It compiles fine and actually it runs well. MY
PROBLEM is when I quit the program.

If I press "start" and then "stop" and then "quit"
everything is fine. But if I press "stop" more than
once then I got an awful error message, like that this
program try to do an illegal operation.

Has any body found this in his experience? Any idea?

David

P.S. first I though it was because I create an object
in the globalZone instead of the "self" in ModelSwarm.
I though "oh then I am leaving an object which is not
destroyed after I leave" but I correct this and still
got the problem.