Re: [Swarm-Support] uninstall swarm

From: Gil Lembree
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] uninstall swarm
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 17:13:55 -0500

Thanks for the reply.
This is version 2.1.1 of Swarm. I have tried both the Windows add/remove programs menu, and running the installation file of Swarm also asks me if I want to remove Swarm, the same way Windows does, and then does nothing, the same as Windows. Also, I have removed all references to Swarm in the registry, and also I have removed all references to Cygnus in the registry. In addition, I have deleted the Swarm directory that was installed. All of this to no avail. The system still asks me if I am sure I want to remove Swarm (now this is when I run the installation program) and then does nothing. I cannot uninstall it. I cannot install it.

Steve Railsback wrote:

Gil Lembree wrote:

I am trying to uninstall swarm on my computer and it isn't working.
My OS is Windows 2000.
When I try to uninstall, or reinstall, it just asks me if I really want to uninstall, then it quits after doing nothing. Any hints as to what I should do?
Thanks.

I don't think I can answer your question, but whoever does will want to know what version of Swarm you installed.

Are you using Window's "Add/remove programs" menu?

Steve R.