Re: [Swarm-Support] uninstall swarm

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] uninstall swarm
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 13:53:23 -0600

If you manually delete things, the uninstall does not work. That's not a Swarm problem. Its an MS Windows problem. You deleted something the uninstaller wants.

If you want to use Swarm now, you should be using the most recent pretest version, and there are some notes in the SwarmOnlineFAQ

http://www.ku.edu/~pauljohn/SwarmFaq/SwarmOnlineFaq.html

and in the memo's directory of the SwarmFaq site, I posted a longish essay about this a while ago:

http://www.ku.edu/~pauljohn/SwarmFaq/Memos/pretest11Install.txt

Gil Lembree wrote:

Thanks for the reply.
This is version 2.1.1 of Swarm. I have tried both the Windows add/remove programs menu, and running the installation file of Swarm also asks me if I want to remove Swarm, the same way Windows does, and then does nothing, the same as Windows. Also, I have removed all references to Swarm in the registry, and also I have removed all references to Cygnus in the registry. In addition, I have deleted the Swarm directory that was installed. All of this to no avail. The system still asks me if I am sure I want to remove Swarm (now this is when I run the installation program) and then does nothing. I cannot uninstall it. I cannot install it.

Steve Railsback wrote:

Gil Lembree wrote:

I am trying to uninstall swarm on my computer and it isn't working.
My OS is Windows 2000.
When I try to uninstall, or reinstall, it just asks me if I really want to uninstall, then it quits after doing nothing. Any hints as to what I should do?
Thanks.

I don't think I can answer your question, but whoever does will want to know what version of Swarm you installed.

Are you using Window's "Add/remove programs" menu?

Steve R.