[Swftools-common] import jpeg2swf file back into Flash...?

From: Michael Geary
Subject: [Swftools-common] import jpeg2swf file back into Flash...?
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 19:09:31 -0700

Hi Folks,

just signed on to the list. What a cool set of tools this is. I'm especially ecstatic that it compiled without a hitch on my OS X machine.

Anyway, I am trying to build a process whereby a list of JPEGs is converted into a SWF file. However, two issues:

1) when I File->Import this swf back into Flash, I get frames, and the Bitmaps have been added to the library, but the bitmaps don't appear on the stage. Can anything be done about this? I'd _really_ like to be able to tweak my generated swfs a bit more inside Flash.

2) Is there any way to, for example, insert a layer containing an existing graphic 'on top' of the swf that jpeg2swf produces? For example, if I wanted to put a logo in layer 1, and have it appear on top of 25 JPEGs that appear in 25 frames as a result of jpeg2swf. How could I do this?

Thanks so much.

michael