Re: [Swftools-common] building a 'phony' playerglobal.swc

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] building a 'phony' playerglobal.swc
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 22:21:56 +0200

On Fri, May 01, 2009 at 02:53:51PM -0500, Steve Linabery <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hey, that sounds really promising. I'll take a look. Thanks for that
> info.

Thinking about it, what you actually need is a decompiler- I think
there's at least one (commercial) product out there which can
produce the source code for ActionScript 3.0 code.
Maybe using that is more efficent than hacking all this yourself.

> Yes. The packaging guidelines for Fedora spell this out in detail[1],
> but basically to get in Fedora you must be able to build everything
> from source, using no non-open, pre-compiled binaries.

Ok- btw. is your project pure ActionScript, or does it also contain
Flex components (XML files)?
If it's pure ActionScript you might also be able to compile it using
as3compile, which is completely free.

Matthias