[Swftools-common] custom viewer and the "viewport"

From: Vickram Jain
Subject: [Swftools-common] custom viewer and the "viewport"
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 07:50:51 -0400

I'm trying to create a custom viewer for use with the SWF generated by pdf2swf. The documentation (http://wiki.swftools.org/index.php/How_do_I_create_my_own_viewer%3F ) suggests that you must add an object named "viewport" into your viewer (in Appendix A).

I'm working with Flash CS3, and doing exactly that -- but the error I get back during the swfcombine process is "WARNING Didn't find anything named viewport in file. No substitutions will occur" -- any ideas on what the trick is to get this working? Does anyone have a viewer .fla they'd be willing to share?

I've looked at writing the viewer with SWFC, and I'd prefer to use CS3 instead.

Thanks,
Vickram