Re: [Swftools-common] Few queries

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Few queries
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 17:13:02 +0200

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 11:24:43AM +0530, kumar rajesh <address@hidden> wrote:
> 1)
> Is there any possibility to change the algorithm
> on jpeg images when converting PDF to SWF

Well, you can change the quality, using
    pdf2swf -s quality=xx file.pdf -o file.swf
with "xx" being a decimal quality setting.

You can't change the atual jpeg algorithm though, if that was really
your question.

> 2)
> In the GUI that you have provided along with the
> SWF Tools download what is the purpose of the resolution and does it affect
> the
> conversion. Also how to apply dpi in the command line tool.

dpi is "-s zoom=xx" in the command line tool.
The resolution is for downscaling images in the PDF that have a too high
resolution. This usually makes SWF files smaller, but might affect
zoomability.

> 3)
> And what is the purpose of zoom factor and how
> does it affect the resultant swf

zoom (or dpi) affect what's the "standard resolution" of a .swf, which
is the resolution for which it is optimized.
Things that are adapted to the resolution are font quality, vector
graphics quality, and bitmap resolution, both for normal images as
well as for vector graphics converted to an image (with -s poly2bitmap).

> 4)
> What are the parameters that can be used along
> with ?s option, is there any document related to this.

pdf2swf -s help

> 5)
> Can you also please let us know the licensing
> terms to use this tool along with commercial product.if you dont mind
> could you please give me your contact detail so that we can talk
> directly and clarify everything.

Please see the GPL FAQ:
    http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html
.
If a question of yours is not answered in the FAQ, don't hesitate to
contact me directly.

Matthias