Re: [Synaptic-devel] [RFE] RPM group enhancement request

From: Dag Wieers
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] [RFE] RPM group enhancement request
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 14:40:12 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 2 May 2003, Panu Matilainen wrote:

On Fri, 2 May 2003, Dag Wieers wrote:

> On Fri, 2 May 2003, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> > > On Fri, 2 May 2003, Dag Wieers wrote: > > > > Now I've updated and rebuild all those packages so that they are in a > > > proper group, but synaptic seems to use the group of the oldest package. > > > > > > It would seem better if synaptic would take the group of the newest > > > (version) package as the definitive category to list the package in. > > > > > > At least that is what I would have expected ;) > > > > The attached patch makes synaptic use the group of candidate version > > (which isn't necessarily the latest but the one that would get installed) > > in the main view. > > Yes, that's even better. Actually I meant that but of course the latest > doesn't always have to be the candidate.

Hmm.. can you verify the patch does work - for my test case it doesn't seem to be doing anything afterall, the unpatched version shows the correct info for updated package as well. But that might be just pure luck...

Well, it doesn't work. I still get to see the categories from an older package ;(

> > Fixing would be quite trivial..
> > Well, it would also be nice to have the URL (and install/build-date) in > the package-information dialog. (And the URL should be clickable ;p)

Wouldn't be hard to add I guess.. maybe if I have time at some point (or more likely someone beats me to it :)

And where exactly do you live ? ;)

--   dag wieers,  address@hidden,  http://dag.wieers.com/   --
«Any errors in spelling, tact or fact are transmission errors»