Re: [Synaptic-devel] "Unable to correct problems, you have held broken p

From: Michael Vogt
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] "Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages."
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 11:58:02 +0200

On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 06:38:23AM +0200, Andreas Schmidt wrote:
> Hi, Michael,
Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your feedback.

> On 2004.06.09 11:29, Michael Vogt wrote:
[..]
> When I start synaptic as regular user (via gksu), I get a message that
> synaptic may crash because of "Incorrect or incompatible locale
> settings". It usually does crash when I apply changes, after all
> packages have been downloaded.
> The weird thing is that this message does not pop up when I start
> synaptic as root from the commandline. I just checked again, the locale
> settings really are the same for both root and the useraccount:

Hm, I can't reproduce this here. I set my locales to this values
(should be exactly the same as yours) and started synaptic both as
root and as non-root(via gksu):
LANG=en_US.ISO-8859-1
address@hidden
address@hidden
LC_TIME=en_US.ISO-8859-1
address@hidden
address@hidden
LC_MESSAGES=en_US.ISO-8859-1
address@hidden
address@hidden
address@hidden
address@hidden
address@hidden
address@hidden
LC_ALL=

I got no warning. But I tried several others and didn't managed to get
a wanring either. My xlibs are version 4.3.0.dfsg.1-4.

> Besides that, I have a wishlist item. Would it be possible to
> reintroduce the Search-box that used to be on the top right? I know

You can get a little "quick-search" when you press CTRL-S (the
packagelist has to have the input focus). You can navigate in the
matches with the "up" and "down" keys.

> Thanks for a great program.  Best regards,
Thanks!

bye,
 Michael