taler

Re: [Taler] Mutual credit on GNU Taler

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [Taler] Mutual credit on GNU Taler
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 17:34:34 +0100

Dear Billy,

Taler (specifically: libeufin) includes a bank suitable for setting up *regional* currencies, and in such a bank you can fully control money creation and also support credit/debt. The libeufin-bank can thus be used to set up a mutual credit network, and then Taler can be used for payments in a regional currency on top of such a bank. Note that the KUDOS used at https://demo.taler.net/ is also such a "regional" setup with its own stand-alone currency and a, eh, peculiar way of creating the initial money supply.

git.taler.net/deployment.git/regional-currency/ includes some scripts to simplify creating such a setup. There is also the documentation at https://docs.taler.net/libeufin/index.html

I hope this helps!

Happy hacking!

Christian