texinfo-devel

The euro symbol

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: The euro symbol
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 23:00:06 +0200

Hello,

There is something rather weird with @euro.  As said in the manual,

 Use the @code{@@address@hidden@}} command to generate address@hidden'.  Where
 possible, this is the symbol for the Euro currency, invented as part
 of the European economic unification.  In plain Info, it is the word
 @samp{Euro }.  A trailing space is included in the text
 transliteration since typically no space is desired after the symbol,
 so it would be inappropriate to have a space in the source document.

The trailing space really annoys me.  Indeed, this is the only @-command
that is that way.  I guess this makes sense in english, but not in
french for example.  I don't know exactly what should be done here, but
I think there is something that should be done.  Maybe add a command
that has not a space added?  Or translate the @-command?

Any idea?

--
Pat