texinfo-devel

Re: Conditionals chapter patch

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: Conditionals chapter patch
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 17:33:25 +0200

It is, but the text seemed to me to imply that @ was only an escape
character only such that the @code{@@end} command can be recognized,
but it is not correct, @-commands are normally taken into account.

> I just tried a few tests and it always seemed like an escape char to me ...

Indeed, I guess the text could be changed instead to say something like
'@@ retains the same meaning as in the document in raw processing'

>     One more limitation is common to both implementations: white space is
>     ignored at the beginnings of lines.
>
> This is changed, right?  makeinfo doesn't ignore leading spaces by
> default, controlled by cust.var?

Indeed, but it was changed after I did the patch...

--
Pat