Re: [Texmacs-dev] {under,over}brace work

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] {under,over}brace work
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 11:44:14 +0200 (CEST)

> I'm trying to do some preliminary work on those.  As part of that, I
> need symbols from the following fonts:
>
> cmex:
> 122 - braceld
> 123 - bracerd
> 124 - bracelu
> 125 - braceru
>
> txexa:
>  32 - bracext
>
> I have tried adding
>
> 122 "braceld" "bracerd" "bracelu" "braceru"
>
> to rubber-cmex.enc, but it doesn't seem to have an effect.  How do I add
> these symbols ?

This certainly does have an effect. In math-mode you will
be able to get them using C-q.

However, making wide under/overbraces work will require
one or two days of work. The best thing to do is to take
a look at how large delimiters are dealt with in the C++ code.
Be careful though that there is no automatic TeX-font information
about wide composite symbols (as there is for the large delimiters).
You should also pay attention to the tricks to get
the anti-aliasing right.