Re: [Texmacs-dev] {under,over}brace work

From: Nix N. Nix
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] {under,over}brace work
Date: 17 Apr 2003 21:55:56 -0600

On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 11:56, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:

> I guess that it should not actually be in the rubber-cmex.enc,
> but rather in the cmex.scm.enc (if that one exists).

Yes, I've done that - well, I called it cmex.enc, and then I referenced
it from math.enc .  It still kills TeXmacs with

Fatal error: Font not found in 'math_font_rep::search_font'

but I /have/ seen the "Please wait ..." popup for cmex.

> > Also, this does not solve the problem of the txexa font wherefrom I need
> > the brace extension character.  An overbrace consists of the followings:
> >                                 braceru   bracelu          bracerd
> >                                        v v                        v
> >   braceld -> .- ----<-txexa #32->---- -' '- ----<-txexa #32->---- -.
> >
> > So, basically, I also need txexa.  Here's what I've tried so far:
> >
> > File txexa.enc:
> >
> > 32 "bracext"
> >
> > file math.enc:
> > [txexa]
> >
> > All this got me when I typed bracext was a really weird symbol, and it
> > didn't say
> >
> > "Please wait, generating txexa<some-number>.<some-extension>"
> >
> > Also, since the symbol looked like a <nsucccurlyeq> rotated Pi/2, I
> > tried to click on the menu with the <prec> symbol to try to identify it,
> > but at that point, TeXmacs crashed with
> >
> > Fatal error: Font not found in 'math_font_rep::search_font'
> >
> > Creating a file called cmex.enc with the line
> >
> > 122 ...
> >
> > did work, but produced the wrong symbols.
> >
> > Conclusion:  This is not working.
>
> Are you sure that we cannot find a replacement for txexa #32;
> I don't remember having seen this font before...

Alright, I'll just use those stretch_boxes that were mentioned earlier.
First and foremost, however, I would like to /see/ those brace
"corners".

> Notice also that the "pointer" of the brace is not necessarily
> in the middle; we probably need characters <overbrace-n-m>
> and <underbrace-m-n>, where m and n are potentially different.

Wow ! It isn't ?  Can you please show me some LaTeX-generated PDF to
that effect ?  Not that I don't believe you, I'm just curious to see
that - I've never seen an uneven over/underbrace before - not in LaTex,
anyway.