Re: [Texmacs-dev] get/set Auxiliary data from Guile

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] get/set Auxiliary data from Guile
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 12:25:38 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Felix,

Nice to hear from you again.

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004, Felix Breuer wrote:
> I am toying around with my own Guile actions, and I would like to know
> how to add Auxiliary data to a document and how to read it back later
> on. Something tells me that (search-upwards) and friends are not the
> best route to take...

You cannot: only the typesetting process generates auxiliary data.
In the future, I typically would like to allow computations,
say in spreadsheets, to generate auxiliary data too, but that is not done.

> In general: are the Guile functions one can use to traverse the document
> tree documented anywhere? Or is writing that documentation the next item
> on my to-do list after I have figured out all about document traversal
> by myself?  ;)

No, but this is a top priority. Briefly speaking, the following issues
are on top of the list of the current reorganization of TeXamcs:

  1) Stabilization and documentation of the Scheme interface.
     Includes: Guile as a plugin, fully stable module system,
     contextual overloading, basic API for accessing trees.
  2) Completion of DRD system.
  3) Pluggable stylesheet languages.
  4) Stabilization of the typesetter.

Things should be done more or less in this order too, even though
I am quite motivated for 3/4 at the moment (plenty of new ideas...)

Best wishes, Joris