Re: [Texmacs-dev] debian package for bullseye

From: Giovanni Piredda
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] debian package for bullseye
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2021 23:33:35 +0100

Am 30.01.2021 um 21:43 schrieb kamaraju kusumanchi:
Could you please provide a texmacs package for bullseye (current
testing distribution of Debian)?

Dear raju,

I am not  a developer, but a user. Said this, I feel that being part of the repository would be good for TeXmacs and I have a question on this.

As far as I know, TeXmacs is not in the repositories because it relies on Guile 1.8, which conflicts with the version of Guile which is in the repositories. What could be a way to work around this? Would it be possible and enough to "bundle" Guile 1.8 inside TeXmacs so that it does not interfere with other packages?

Giovanni