therion-users

Re: [Therion] Code submittion

From: Ladislav Blazek
Subject: Re: [Therion] Code submittion
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 07:57:54 +0200 (CEST)

Wookey napsal(a):
> On 2006-10-10 17:21 -0400, Philip Schuchardt wrote:
>> Where can I submit changes to the source.  We really need svn and
>> trac...

> (I would like to discuss the makefile setup sometime. It is
> currently nice and simple to read but much of the make-work is
> actually done by perl-scripts and the cross-platform support is fairly
> primitive. I would like to bin the perl and make the makefiles use
> make constructs to decide what to do, and get smarter about library
> config (pckconfig, for example). This way lies autoconf, which I'm
> not sure is an improvement, but there is certainly room for
> improvement I think. If we could agree this that would be better than
> me making the debian version very different.)

For easy packaging for different Linux distros make DEST parameter is
really needed. Than I can create build scripts for Slackware and Arch.

> Is there any point keeping libtom in the source? Is it not entirely
> superceded by loch?

I think it is little bit confusing to have two viewers. Is it posible that
the Model viewer menu item in xtherion will be just launcher for loch? Or
what is the idea of having two different viewers? As Stacho wrote default
3D model format is .lox now. Is buit-in viewer able to open this format?

L.