therion-users

Re: [Therion] Code submittion

From: Wookey
Subject: Re: [Therion] Code submittion
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 15:51:41 +0100

On 2006-10-11 10:20 +0200, Stacho Mudrak wrote:
> > I think CMake is a good option:
> > http://www.cmake.org/HTML/Index.html
>
> If other people doing packaging agree, I have nothing against.

I haven't used cmake myself yet, but I have only heard good things
about it. It does not cover every bizarre ancient system like automake
does, but then we don't care about them, and automake is
incomprehensible to mere mortals. And it does cover the important
systems that therion actually runs on, whilst also being reasonably
comprehensible.

If anyone (philip?) is enthused to convert the existing Makefiles to
cmake then I think that would probably be a good thin all round.

It probably does require moving to a version-control system though so
we don't tread on each other's toes.

Wookey
work: http://www.aleph1.co.uk/                 play: http://wookware.org/