tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Miniterm Missing

From: Rein Couperus PA0R
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Miniterm Missing
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 00:02:56 +0200

ok, step by step...

echo "test" > /home/ed/gmfsk_autofile should produce a file
gmfsk_autofile in the directory /home/ed/

if gmfsk is running it will send "test" and kill the file. gMFSK is
ALWAYS looking in your home directory (/home/ed).

So you have to tell tlf to output its stuff to '/home/ed/gmfsk_autofile'
with GMFSK=/home/ed/gmfsk_autofile in the logcfg.dat file.

Try this and see if you can get gMFSK to output some macros.

Now the input side....

tlf looks at the logfile created by gMFSK, which is called gMFSK.log
(watch the capitalization).
This logfile is normally created in /home/ed. After running gMFSK for a
while you should see a file gMFSK.log in /home/ed. If not, you must
configure gMFSK to produce a logfile.

If you have the logfile, tell tlf to read it by saying:
DIGIMODEM=/home/ed/gMFSK.log in the logcfg.dat file.

Make sure tlf is in digimode (:DIG command)
or start tlf with RTTYMODE in the logcfg.dat file.

Now start the terminal with the :MIN or :Miniterm command (tlf
only needs the first 3 characters of a command). This only works in
DIG mode.

That should work... (it works here). Hope this helps...

Success and 73,

Rein Pa0R
(busy, busy with TLF-1.0, which will be a bit easier to configure).
PS:I don't know what you mean with running PSKmail server, that has
nothing to do with tlf...