tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Testing Xtlf-1.0.0alpha

From: Fabian Kurz
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Testing Xtlf-1.0.0alpha
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 00:18:44 +0200

Hello Rein,

Rein Couperus PA0R wrote:
> I'd like to have feedback on the GUI before I add the next contests.

I didn't test it intensively yet, but the first impression is very
good. I'm probably going to try Xtlf in the WPX contest in 3 weeks
in a serious SOAB HP effort.

There were a few warnings by libglade during the startup, probably
because I'm using a rather old version of libglade (Debian Sarge).

(xtlf.pl:3261): libglade-WARNING **: unknown property `urgency_hint'
for class `GtkWindow'
(xtlf.pl:3261): libglade-WARNING **: unknown property
`pack_direction' for class `GtkMenuBar'
(xtlf.pl:3261): libglade-WARNING **: unknown property
`child_pack_direction' for class `GtkMenuBar'
(xtlf.pl:3261): libglade-WARNING **: unknown property
`do_overwrite_confirmation' for class `GtkFileChooserDialog'

Also the startup is pretty slow. After about 5 seconds with full
CPU load (I think he is parsing cty.dat etc. at that time), xtlf
seems to do nothing for about 30 seconds, then the said warnings
appear and another 30 second later, the main xtlf logging screen
shows up.

> Please check if this program works with the contest rules files
> provided. I cannot possibly test everything myself :)
> I also included 2 contests Fabian added (foc and yudx), I have changed
> some things to make it work...pse test it.

YUDX still works, FOC seems to be broken but I'll fix that ASAP.

> PS.: Time for a beer...

You deserve it. Good job!

73,
--