tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] change ip addres tlf binds to?

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] change ip addres tlf binds to?
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2018 17:51:05 +0200

Hi Eric,

Am Wed, 26 Sep 2018 10:12:29 -0400 (EDT)
schrieb Eric Tamme <address@hidden>:

> I am looking into using TLF for a multi op field day setup.  I am
> thinking of potentially running multiple instances of TLF on the same
> rasberry pi server, each in their own directory etc, but I would like
> to network them together to share logging etc.

Tlf supports that by sending UDP packets to any configured address.
You can use ADDNODE=<ipaddr>[:<port>]  to choose which addresses (and
port) to send the packets to. You need one ADDNODE for every IP
address, node combination. By default tlf uses port 6788, so it is
enough to configure the ip-address.

To recognize the sending program each one needs an unique node
identifier. Use THISNODE=<char> for that.

e.g.
ADDNODE=127.0.0.1
ADDNODE=192.168.3.12
THISNODE=C

will broadcast to localhost and 192.168.3.12 and marks each outgoing
packet as coming from node C. You can have more than one node at an
ip-address.

The connection can be used to transfer
* log data to keep logs in sync
* packet data from a cluster (only one node needs a cluster connection)
* bandmap spot data from any node (for worked stations or from a band
  monitoring station)
* run frequency of the node
* talk data between the stations and
* time synchronisation if needed

See the section "LAN connection" in the old document from Rein PA0R
http://tlf.github.io/tlfdoc.old/tlfdoc.html#lan .
It may be a bit outdated, but give you a start.

73, de Tom DL1JBE

--
"Do what is needful!"
Ursula LeGuin: Earthsea