tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Cabrillo export truncating exchange (comment) after firs

From: Nate Bargmann
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Cabrillo export truncating exchange (comment) after first space
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2018 13:05:50 -0500

* On 2018 26 Sep 10:31 -0500, Thomas Beierlein wrote:
> Hi Nate,
>
> thanks for the files, they were helpful.
> I found the problem for the wrong format, but do not understand where
> the reason came from.
>
> It turns out that there is a problem in the parsing logic for the
> log lines. It expects to have two entries for RST sent and received. As
> ARRL-FD (and also SS) do not use RST in the log we introduced the
> NO_RST keyword. That results in '---' written in the log instead of 599
> or so. Your logs miss that entry even while NO_RST is in the rule
> file.
>
> From your log:
>  40CW  23-Jun-18 18:08 0001  W5YA                     3A NM
>
> From one of my logs:
>  20CW  12-Jul-13 12:30 0001  LA3BB          ---  --- 123
>
> So the question is: Why your log misses the --- for RST? Looking into
> the code that feature is there from 2014 on. Maybe you used an really
> old version of TLF?
>
> Any ideas?

Ahh, that is due to a local modification I made for our Field Day to
replace the '---' with spaces on the display.  I likely scrubbed them
from the log as well not knowing what side effect that would have.

My thought is that it would be less confusing for unfamiliar ops to not
see the '---' strings on the screen.

This one is on me, then.  :-D

73, Nate

Web: http://www.n0nb.us  GPG key: D55A8819  GitHub: N0NB