tlf-devel

Re: feature request: cabrillo template

From: Ervin Hegedüs
Subject: Re: feature request: cabrillo template
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2019 18:17:13 +0100

Hi all,

On Sun, Nov 17, 2019 at 06:00:41PM +0100, Thomas Beierlein wrote:
> Hi Joop,
>
> I assume you are talking about the contest and operator related
> informations gathered when you want to write a new cabrillo file.
>
> Can you please elaborate some more about what you have in mind here.
> The head part of the cabrillo file is not independent of the contest.
> So one template for all seems not to fit. But I see that at least the
> operator related part could be common between contests.
>
> Any comments or suggestions?

I don't want to answer for Joop, but I thought about this feature
earlier.

I imagined like this:

logcfg.dat:

CABRILLO_DATA=/home/airween/.tlf/HA2OS_general.cab
CABRILLO_CONTEST=CQ-WW-CW

/home/airween/.tlf/HA2OS_general.cab
CABROLLO_CALLSIGN: HA2OS
CABRILLO_LOCATION: DX
CABRILLO_CATEGORY-OPERATOR: SINGLE-OP
CABRILLO_CATEGORY-ASSISTED: NON-ASSISTED
CABRILLO_CATEGORY-BAND: ALL
CABRILLO_CATEGORY-POWER: LOW
CABRILLO_CATEGORY-MODE: CW
CABRILLO_CATEGORY-TRANSMITTER: ONE
CABRILLO_CATEGORY-OVERLAY:
CABRILLO_CONTEST=

I wrote deribelately the CABRILLO_CONTEST field at two places
(logcfg.dat and general data file): the second occurrance of
field overwrites the first, so therefore we can replace the
values at every contest, but can use a basic data.

When user types a ":w" in callsign field (start to export the log
to CABRILLO), then the fields which has values (by set them the
fields above) will filled in dialogues.

If you like this way, I can start to implement it soon.

73, Ervin
HA2OS