tlf-devel

Re: feature request: cabrillo template

From: Ervin Hegedüs
Subject: Re: feature request: cabrillo template
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2019 22:49:09 +0100

Hi all,

On Sun, Nov 17, 2019 at 10:32:16AM +0100, Joop Stakenborg wrote:
> It would be nice to have a cabrillo template. If present, all the questions
> when exporting to cabrillo can be skipped.

a few days ago I reviewed the possibilities, now I'ld like to discuss
them here.

1. the most simple way when we add new keywords to the config
   files, eg. CABRILLO_CONTEST, CABRILLO_CALLSIGN, ...
   therefore you can use these keywords both in logcfg.dat and
   contest rule files

   PRO: easy to make it

   CON: you have to add the keywords everytime when you
        prepare a new contest

2. read the new keywords from separated file; there are two
   sub-solution in this case

   a. this file could contains only the CABRILLO related options

      PRO: clear and elegant solution

      CON: hard to implement, makes the code logic more
           complicated and horrible

   b: this fie could any keyword, we just "call it" as "CABRILLO"
      file

      PRO: *could* be clear, easy to implement

      CON: can lead to chaos (user can mix the options and can't
           see the reason of the different bevaiour)

Let's start to discuss :).

I prefer 2/b.

73, Ervin
HA2OS