tlf-devel

Re: tlf wrong keying

From: Csahok Zoltan
Subject: Re: tlf wrong keying
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2023 21:06:26 +0000

Hi Alexej,

You probably missed the customizing step. TLF uses by default
the delivered generic configuration files from /usr/share/tlf.
Generally they have to be tailored for the actual user and contest.

This is also the case for CQWW. The default rule file
(/usr/share/tlf/rules/cqww) contains 14 as sent exchange
F3=@ ++5NN--14
This has to be adapted to your zone.

Here are the steps to set things up from scratch:

1) create a new folder (as you did already, cqww-test) and change to it
2) copy the default logcfg.dat
    cp /usr/share/tlf/logcfg.dat .
3) edit local logcfg.dat, change this line to match your callsign
    CALLSIGN=NOCALL
4) crate a sub-folder called 'rules'
5) copy default CQWW rule file into 'rules'
    cp /usr/share/tlf/rules/cqww rules/
6) edit your local rules/cqww, change at least F3 and S&P_TU_MSG definitions

The .paras file is written only, you can ignore it. It's only used internally
to mark that TLF has been already started from that folder.

I guess you are using an older TLF version. It's always recommended to
build the latest one from github.

73,
Zoli