Re: tramp-do-copy-or-rename-via-buffer doesn't work for XEmacs

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp-do-copy-or-rename-via-buffer doesn't work for XEmacs
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 09:51:51 +0100

> Lars Hansen <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> IIRC, in earlier versions of Tramp file copying did not go via a
>> buffer.
>
> Copying via buffer is used for inline methods only. Out of band
> methods are using copy programs like scp or rsync.

Looks like I should check the source before writing bullshit.
tramp-do-copy-or-rename-file always uses tramp-do-copy-or-rename-via-buffer
(except it can perform the operation on the remote host directly). The
out of band copy commands are used for tramp-handle-file-local-copy
and alike.

Maybe there's a lack in implementation, Kai?