Re: Tramp mosh method

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Tramp mosh method
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 14:27:46 +0200

Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:

> With this exact `add-to-list' call, I still get the "host is not remote"
> error:

Did you start with "emacs -Q -l tramp"? If not, please do.

You have also not given a user name, and you haven't specified a default
one. Please open file "/mosh:address@hidden:/home/tzz".

If this doesn't help, please set tramp-verbose to 6, and show the debug
buffer.

> I tried setting LINES and COLUMNS in the usual Unix way but the error
> above blocks me from testing it.

Maybe we need also a proper TERM setting. OTOH, Emacs and/or Tramp set
it to "dumb", maybe you cannot overwrite it. Dunno.