trans-coord-devel

Documentation (re)organization

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: Documentation (re)organization
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 13:25:04 +0200

On чт, 2008-02-14 at 11:40 +0200, Kaloian Doganov wrote:
> Besides the overwall structure of the added paragraphs, some sentences
> are directly copied from `gettext.texi'.  How this should be marked out,
> technically?

There's no need to do anything, sharing sentences and paragraphs between
free manuals is a fundamental feature.  If the copyright holder of the
gettext manual was different and the yanked material is non-trivial,
then we should add it in the copyright notice.

> (FIXME:Translators (but only if we would like to include some
> +practical advices to candidate translators on how to join a gnu.org
> +translating team))

No, there will be a separate manual web-translators.texi.  The current
gnun.texi will be renamed to gnunited-nations.texi and both
web-translators.texi and the new gnun.texi will @include it.  The
reasons are that GNUN developers != GNU web translation managers,
although there is some overlap.  The former will edit the GNUN manual,
while the latter will edit web-translators.texi (which will be of
organizational nature, like maintain.texi).  Also, we concluded that
GNUN might be useful for external sites, so we'd like the manual to be
separate.

It would be easier to just have web-translators.texi and gnun.texi
without any @include-fu, but I want to have one single document for
translators, that way it would be easier for them.