Re: [VM] messages with invalid UIDs

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: Re: [VM] messages with invalid UIDs
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 16:05:27 +0000

Robert Marshall writes:

> V C label stale[1] worked for me, V l isn't bound to anything in 8.2.0 (am
> about to move to 8.3.0 beta - thanks!)

Yes, it is in today's release.  (8.2.0 beta, don't call it 8.3.0 yet!)

> These appeared to be all messages received this morning and after
> reading them and allowing the expunge they appear to still be there :-)

Once they are labelled "stale", they won't get expunged.  If you want to
expunge them, you will need to delete them manually and expunge them.  But,
as I said, if the stale copies are all that you have, then your folder is an
"inconsistent" state.  The best way to fix it is to get rid of the
imap-cache folder and let VM regnerate a new cache folder.

> (I see '10 stale deleted messages are ignored' in *Messages* during the save

Yes, you will keep on getting those warning messages until you do something
about the stale messages!

Cheers,
Uday