Re: [VM] messages with invalid UIDs

From: Robert Marshall
Subject: Re: [VM] messages with invalid UIDs
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 19:28:43 +0000

On Wed, 28 Dec 2011, Uday wrote:

> Uday Reddy writes:
>
>> Once they are labelled "stale", they won't get expunged.  If you want
>> to expunge them, you will need to delete them manually and expunge
>> them.  But, as I said, if the stale copies are all that you have,
>> then your folder is an "inconsistent" state.  The best way to fix it
>> is to get rid of the imap-cache folder and let VM regnerate a new
>> cache folder.
>
> It occurred to me that there is another, slightly less painful way, of
> getting your cache folder back into shape.

Maybe I wasn't clear - I had already done the expunge of the stale
messages and the emails which it thought were suspect are still there
(maybe under a different uid ) so I believe that the recovery was
complete and that everything is now consistent. I am though saving the
suggestions below :-)

Robert
--
La grenouille songe..dans son château d'eau
Links and things http://rmstar.blogspot.com/