Re: [VM] Handling HTML mail

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: Re: [VM] Handling HTML mail
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 21:16:15 +0000

Konrad Hinsen writes:

> I am sure there are lots of useful configurations for making w3m and
> vm work together even better, but it seems to work fine right out of
> the box!

Yes, it works fine out of the box.  But, down the line, lots of things go
wrong.  The key bindings conflict, the page width is not honored, it churns
out annoying messages about unsafe links, some URL's break across lines, and
all such stuff.

As you said right in the beginning, it is still a bit tricky.  The
documentation is not very good.  The developers don't understand English
well enough and so on.

We need somebody who cares about html mail sufficiently to take charge of it
and figure out solutions for all these problems.

Cheers,
Uday