Re: [VM] Setting up VM for the first time - imap to read on the server

From: Peter Davis
Subject: Re: [VM] Setting up VM for the first time - imap to read on the server
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 12:39:09 -0700 (PDT)

I'm trying to do something similar to what James is doing, but I've had no
success. I've got emacs 24.2.1 running on OS X 10.7, and I installed VM-8.2.0b.
I can run VM, but I can't access my IMAP server, which is from Fastmail.fm.
I've got the basic setup shown below. VM tells me I need a password, but
doesn't prompt me for one. Putting the passwords in the .vm file doesn't help
either.

My .vm is basically:

(setq vm-imap-account-alist
           '(
             ("imap-ssl:mail.messagingengine.com:993:*:login:address@hidden:*"
"fm")
            )
     )
(setq vm-primary-inbox
"imap-ssl:mail.messagingengine.com:993:inbox:login:address@hidden:*")

I get a message like:

Need password for fm:inbox for general operation

but no prompt.