Re: [VM] Setting up VM for the first time - imap to read on the server

From: Patrick P Murphy
Subject: Re: [VM] Setting up VM for the first time - imap to read on the server
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 15:52:42 -0400

On Tue, 18 Sep 2012 12:39:09 -0700 (PDT), Peter Davis <address@hidden> said:

> I'm trying to do something similar to what James is doing, but I've
> had no success...

> I get a message like:

> Need password for fm:inbox for general operation

> but no prompt.

What happens if you press "g" or M-x vm-get-new-mail?  For me I get a
password prompt at that point (though my setup is more complex, I use
vm-spool-files with the spool name set to "imap-ssl:...").

 - Pat

--
 Patrick P. Murphy, Ph.D.   Webmaster (East), Computing Security Manager
 http://www.nrao.edu/~pmurphy/          http://chien-noir.com/maze.shtml

       All your sanity and wit, they will all vanish, I promise;
       It's just a matter of time.
                                               -- Gogol Bordello