Re: [VM] Beginner VM questions

From: Peter Davis
Subject: Re: [VM] Beginner VM questions
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 10:01:56 -0400

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 02:15:50PM -0400, Peter Davis wrote:
> Ok, on a totally different tack, I currently have mutt setup so I can
>
> 1) Fetch my mail from a few different accounts on various POP3 servers,
> 2) Store it in Maildir format, and
> 3) Read it with mutt
>
> Can I do this with VM? I've found some sites that reference using Maildir
> as a spool, but I want to use the POP3 servers as the spool, and store it
> locally in Maildir format.  (I think the last time I used VM, about 10
> years ago or more, I was storing in MH format.)
>
> If there any examples of how to set this up in my .vm file, that would be a
> huge help.

Ok, since this was met with stoney silence, and my searches for using VM
with Maildir haven't been too fruitful, how about MH format? I assume VM
still supports that, right?

I could convert my Maildir folders back to MH (as they were
originally). Then I'd be using VM to fetch new mail from POP3 servers
and add it to the MH repository, and of course to read, reply, forward,
etc.

Thanks,
-pd

P.S. - Apologies again for sending with mutt. My .vm is currently a
shambles as I tried getting Maildir working.

--
--------
Peter Davis