Re: [vile] Wrong background colour in vile

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] Wrong background colour in vile
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 06:26:52 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 18  2006, address@hidden wrote:

I'm being silly!  The problem isn't on this system (which is also new
to me) but on the BSD system where I had trouble getting vile to
build.

On that system there isn't an 'infocmp' command.  There is terminfo
but I can't see any tool to extract terminal settings from the
terminfo data.

ok. There's no infocmp (someday perhaps - I'd like to, but there keep coming up bigger bugs). It's still ncurses underneath, but dressed up as termcap - with the termcap data stored in a hashed database file.

There aren't any tools for showing the content of the terminal description on FreeBSD, other than seeing the $TERM and looking in the source file for the corresponding termcap under (some symbolic link) /etc/termcap{something}. There's a ".db" file which contains the actual data, but the source is readable.

Sounds as if $TERM isn't set to rxvt there, though. If I know the $TERM, I can lookup the entry tonight and give some better advice.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net