Re: [vile] Disappearing quotes in macro parameters

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] Disappearing quotes in macro parameters
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 12:14:42 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 15 Aug 2008, J?~Anis R??cis wrote:

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 06:24:45PM -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:
Looking at it (now that I have more time), I can see some mishandling,
e.g.,

    write-first-param "\"one two three\""
    one two three

I'd expect to see something like

    "one two three"

...so I'll investigate that and see what the cause is.

Sorry, I should have made myself clearer.  Yes, that's the problem I
was speaking of.

That's okay - now I see the problem, and have in mind how it should be fixed.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net