Re: [vile] focusFollowsMouse with winvile?

From: Gary Jennejohn
Subject: Re: [vile] focusFollowsMouse with winvile?
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 17:49:53 +0200

On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 14:24:53 +0100
Chris G <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 09:45:21AM +0200, Gary Jennejohn wrote:
> > I'm working on a project where I'm forced to use Miscrosoft Windows, so
> > of course I'm using winvile.
> >
> > My question - is there any way to get something like the
> > XVile.focusFollowsMouse behavior?  I use that all the time and keep
> > forgetting to click the mouse to change focus, which results in botched
> > editing sessions.
> >

> You can get "focus follows mouse" in windows as a whole easily enough.
> Just install TweakUI which is part of Microsoft Power Toys for XP and
> you can (among several other things) set "focus follows mouse".

I'm running Vista, not XP.

I'm also referencing giving focus to a buffer when you have a split
winvile window showing two buffers and you move the mouse over one of
them.  That works under X11, but not with winvile.

That's something different from moving the mouse over a window being
managed by Windows.  Focus follows mouse seems to be standard with
Vista.

--
Gary Jennejohn