Re: [vile] Are there any table editing add-ons/macros/whatever for vile?

From: Chris Green
Subject: Re: [vile] Are there any table editing add-ons/macros/whatever for vile?
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 10:47:10 +0000

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 05:25:28PM -0500, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 05:21:34PM -0500, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> > Reading the descriptions of these, I see they're similar-but-different.  If
> > were editing something like those, my first inclination would be to look for
> > (or make) a simple nroff-style formatter that I could use vile to display
> > the
> > target markup as it is shown in their respective manuals.
>
> for instance
>       http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/index.html

That would allow me to move from one format of table markup to another
but doesn't address the fundamental problem of how to edit a table
easily to start with.

What I really, really want is something like the table editing mode in
Word/Open Office/LibreOffice as a standalone program.  The Emacs table
editor is fairly close to this so I'll try it and see how I get on.

--
Chris Green