Re: [vile] Can one get a list of [single character] commands easily?

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] Can one get a list of [single character] commands easily?
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 14:09:50 -0400

On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 01:57:20PM -0400, Paul Fox wrote:
> thomas wrote:
>  > > thomas wrote:
>  > >  > > p.s.  clearly a "describe-keys" command would be more convenient.
> :-)
>  > >  >
>  > >  > agreed
>  > >  >
>  > >  > I said it looked simple, though.
>  > >
>  > > yes, i know it would be.
>  > >
>  > > i can't seem to connect to ftp.invisible-island.net from any machine
>  > > i have access to.  is it up/running/error-free for anyone else?
>  >
>  > no - it's been having problems since yesterday morning.
>
> okay -- i use ftp so rarely that i'm sometimes suspicious of my
> firewall, etc.  glad to know it's not just me this time.

no.  I can get there from the command-line, but lynx takes 20 seconds.
Firefox never gets there.

>  > (more than one issue - bad disk, moved stuff).
>  > web/email are working for me, but it seems there's something amiss with
> ftp.
>  >
>  > (I can connect via radixnet, but that doesn't help me much, either).
>  >
>  > I'm just starting on the documentation for this change, can just email
>  > the combined patch if you're curious:
>
> no, that's okay -- i can wait.

ok.  I'm still discussing the ftp problem with the ISP (we haven't identified
the cause - perhaps they don't setup ftp that often either ;-)

If it were a complete patch, I'd have the source available on the http link.
But (since I'm trying to keep the website low-maintenance) I only use static
links there.  I put the volatile stuff on ftp, which usually works well...

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net