[vile] Odd vileserv error

From: Chris Green
Subject: [vile] Odd vileserv error
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 15:18:37 +0100

I occasionally use 'vileget' to load files into a running xvile and it
works OK.

However, for some reason, I'm getting an error when I write files from
xvile.  This error is occurring even though I'm not using vileget to
load files into xvile, I'm just doing things the normal way.

What I see if I set popup-msgs is:-

    :
    [No such function "vileserv-writehook"]
    [Writing...]
    [Wrote 45 lines 6046 chars to
"/home/chris/tmp/wiki/data/pages/info/holidays/2015/br2.txt"]

It doesn't seem to stop anything working but the error flashing past
when you write a file is a bit distracting.

I suspect it's nothing new, it's just that I happen to be editing
files across an sshfs connection and because this is slower than
editing local files the error message is visible.  I just tried with
local files and the error is still there but you just don't see it
unless you set popup-msgs.

--
Chris Green