Re: Inserting text of arbitrary length before rectangular region

From: Paul Fox
Subject: Re: Inserting text of arbitrary length before rectangular region
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2020 17:05:15 -0500

marc wrote:
 > On Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 1:43 PM Paul Fox <address@hidden> wrote:
 > >
 > > marc wrote:
 > >  > I'd go the traditional vi route,
 > >
 > > Yes, clearly in this case, where the insertion is at the start
 > > of a line, that's easiest.
 >
 > Right; I don't have a good solution for inserting between two columns.

Maybe we really could use a rectangular insert, that works kind of
like the 'c' command except that instead of overwriting a rectangle,
it first opens a rectangle of exactly the right width.

(Hmmm.  I wonder what I did with that compiler.  I used to have one
around here somewhere...  Heck, I don't think I have a recent vile
source tree.)

paul
paul fox, address@hidden (arlington, ma, where it's 44.8 degrees)