wesnoth-dev

Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Improving the dwarves

From: ott
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Improving the dwarves
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 07:33:08 +0200

On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 09:01:39PM -0800, Asa Swain wrote:
> the main reason we have the combined races
> is the footpad, becuase the dwarves have no scout.

Why not use some kind of gnomish unit as a dwarf scout, and perhaps call
it Gnomish Vanguard?  Stats as quartex proposed, slightly slower than
other scouts, but special new abilities should not be necessary.

(This reminds of the orcs burning villages in Retaking Westin from The
South Guard -- makes me think of Gnomish Engineers.  Boom-boom, another
village gone!  Great for completely shifting the balance of a game,
eg. against Undead.  Probably also great for completely unbalancing the
game, too.)

Then the Outlaws could be split off into a faction for expert players
looking for a more balanced game against beginners.  In other words,
weak by design.  It would probably have to be removed from Random,
though, which may break KISS.

-- address@hidden