wesnoth-dev

Re: [Wesnoth-dev] WikiIdeas

From: David White
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] WikiIdeas
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 08:57:06 -0600

Susanna Björverud wrote:

As for choice of which wiki-engine, I have the utmost confidence in your ability to choose. Whatever you think is best. *smile*

But if the wiki is intended to be used as a replacement for both the current web site and the current wiki, a user registration system will be necessary, and IMO even some of the pages in the current wiki should only be editable by registered users, if not sysadmins. I am thinking especially of the manual.

This is something that should happen fast!

I agree.....we have had the current state of affairs for too long, and we need to move forward with something better, and we need to do it fast.

The current Wiki has proven that we have ALOT of people who are willing to contribute meaningful content if a useful mechanism is available. We now have to provide a useful, reliable Wiki.

I also place a vote of confidence in ettin's ability to choose a suitable engine and move forward on this. :)

David